ARTICLES AND STUDIES
- Nigel Swain – A Framework for Comparing Social Change in the Post-Socialist Countryside
- Marie-Claude Maurel – Decollectivization Paths in Central Europe: Towards Which New Models?
- Lutz Laschewski – Continuity and Change – Agricultural Restructuring in East Germany
- Krystyna Szafraniec – Polish Peasants – Between ‘Real Socialism’ and ‘Real Capitalism’
- Olga Sevan – Impact of Agricultural Reforms in Russia on the Shaping of Rural Settlements
RESEARCH REPORTS AND MATERIALS
- Teréz Kovács – The Situation of the Rural Areas of Hungary in the Mid-1990’s
- Mihaly Andor, Tibor Kuczi – What Happened in Hungarian Agriculture After 1990?
- Gejza Blaas, Axel Wolz – Economic Situation and Structural Changes in Slovakian Agriculture
- Eira Varis – The Need for a Local Study – Methodological Aspects of Studying the Post – Socialist Countryside
- Margit Fink, Rosemarie Siebert – Tourism – an Alternative for Rural Regions in East Germany?
REVIEWS AND INFORMATION
- Grzegorz Zabłocki – Globalization: Attitude of Rural Communities in Central Europe. XVIIth Congress of the ESRS
- Jolanta Maciąg – The Bulgarian Village and Globalization Processes
- Ewelina Wróblewska – ‘Rehionalna Ekonomika’ No. 1-2/1996, Nos. 1 and 2/1997
- Krystyna Łapińska-Tyszka – New Landholders in Poland